Members who came to the 2012 AGM supper seemed to enjoy the quiz compiled from photographs held in the Archives. Now all the photographs displayed below have been identified, thanks to several members who responded to our plea for help. The identifications are listed below:
1.Vernon "Tod" Handley and the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, 13th July 1985.
2.The Academy of Ancient Music Chamber Ensemble, 7th July 1987.
3. Gillian Weir with Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, 13th July 1985, Malcolm Williamson's Concerto for Organ and Orchestra
4. as no.1.
5. as no.2
6. St Saviour's Church, with several IOFS members identified, and it's almost certainly connected to the installation of the IOFS organ during the 1989 Festival. It could be the demo/lecture with Margaret Phillips and Peter Collins on 8th July; or prior to the recital by Peter Hurford. If anyone can throw further light on this, do let me know.
7. The Members' Garden Party, 11th July 1985 in the garden of the Bishop of Hertford, Rt Rev Kenneth Pillar and his wife Margaret, Abbey Mill Lane. Flowers being presented to Moira Darlington by IOFS Chairman John Wheatley, to mark the departure of the Darlingtons from St Albans.
8.Maggie Turner is taking a class, but we know no more! Any ideas?
9. Keith Jones and Rosalind Runcie in a sketch devised by David Elliott for the 1973 Festival
10. The 'char' is David Ireson on the right, probably Keith Jones on the left, rehearsing for one of their mad sketches at the Festival Club (Abbey Institute) 1973
11. Jeremy White (bass) with Barry Rose & Hatfield Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsing "Dona Nobis Pacem" by Vaughan Williams for the opening concert of the 1995 Festival, 8th July
12. Jeni Bern (soprano) during the same rehearsal
13. St Albans Bach Choir, Carillon, St Albans Chamber Choir - rehearsing the same concert as No. 11. (Several IOFS members may recognise themselves in the choir)
14. & 15. "A Soldier's Tale" by Stravinsky, 12th July 1985; Timothy West and supporting actors from Abbey Theatre; Aquarius played under Nicholas Cleobury.
16. - 18. as nos. 1. & 4.
Identified Acrhive Images