Based in St Albans, the International Organ Festival Society Limited has a membership of over 500 drawn from all parts of the UK and abroad.
The purpose of the IOFS is to promote the appreciation and enjoyment of organ music, especially that played on the pipe organ, through its music festivals, organ competitions, concerts, recitals and by encouraging talented young organists.
You do not need to be an organist to be a member, the majority of IOFS members are not players, but they like organ music and join the Society because they support its aims and enjoy its musical promotions.
The membership provides the Society with a vital source of income through subscriptions but, in addition, for those with time and opportunity to contribute actively, there are numerous ways in which members can be involved in running the Society's events. Members bring a good deal of enthusiasm and commitment to their work for the IOF and this creates a very special atmosphere. Not for nothing is the St Albans IOF known as 'the friendly festival'.
You will be most welcome should you wish to join - the following are among the benefits of membership:
• Priority booking of seats for all main festival events.
• Invitation to Members' Events and opportunities to meet competitors, judges and artists.
• Members' Days - lectures, discussions, recitals demonstrations and outings.
• Free on-line subscription to Choir & Organ.
• Opportunity to play the Society's own Collins organ in St Saviour's Church.
• Regular Newsletter with advance notice of the Society's programmes.
• Members' Annual Dinner.
• Opportunity to be actively involved in running the festivals and other IOF events.